Monday, May 3, 2021

9 THINGS I'D POST ON TWITTER, IF I STILL USED TWITTER, VOLUME SIX

Six weeks since I got my second COVID vaccine and I'm doing fine! Please get yours too.P

Appearing on Chopped 420 to "tell your friends all over that ganja is medicinal and you can use it to enhance the quality of your life" is like appearing of Songs of Praise to let people know about our saviour, Jesus Christ.

I imagine Songs of Praise is one show that really had to switch it up when COVID happened!

I am learning a lot from Chopped 420 though; who'd have thought that Ron Funches smoked weed?

What are the odds on a kid called Laganja Estranja growing up to become a cannabis rights activist?

Can you get a contact high watching people cook with weed or am I feeling the effects of my whiskey and morphine? #AnswersOnAPostcardPlease!

Words, Santa, Moms, Grandpa, Moms Christmas, Parents, Education, Santa 2, Teacher - My ranking of the Bad comedies.

So there's a Time Lord named The Doctor and another named The Master. Does that imply there's another called The Bachelor? Or The Drop-Out? I like to think he'd have the coolest TARDIS.

In 33 years I've only had two people tell me they thought I might be autistic. One was my closest, most honest confidant and the other was a mental health doctor I was struggling to express myself to in hospital. Still, not enough data to form a pattern!

4 comments:

  1. I'd trust the mental health doctor :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it wasn't a formal diagnosis, he came to see me about a month after I was first bedridden. I said I was worried I might never walk again and whilst my spirits were relatively good I had a history of lying to myself and bottling up my true emotions.

      I was literally told that to see a mental health professional I'd have to claim to be suicidal, as the mental health department were overwhelmed with "teenagers threatening to kill themselves." Those exact words were used!

      Anyway, the guy came in a few days later, totally unannounced, and bombarded me with a ton of questions about my past. It was unlike any counselling session or meeting or anything I've had. I was finding it really hard to express myself and when I mentioned my best friend growing up was autistic he asked if I was too!

      So not autistic, just severely repressed and inexperienced at expressing myself and communicating how I feel!

      Delete
    2. Not fooling me, "spectrum boy" ;-)
      p.s. I am 4 sure!

      Delete
    3. Pffft, you're not "on the spectrum," you're a category all on your own! Being serious for a second, I feel it's important I don't misrepresent my mental illness as I do think there's a very slim chance of this blog being read by someone in a similar position that I was in when I needed help. My best friend from 6 - 11 was autistic (not that I knew at the time, I just thought he was odd!) and I've managed autistic people when I was running that charity shop. So excuse me for not raising to your obvious bait; I'll have to find another excuse to give you a quick spanking!

      Delete

Wanna comment? Go right ahead! I moderate all comments and am giddy with power, so be cool!

Posts People Like!